The Saudi regime is making extensive efforts to prevent US action regarding the documents of the September 11 attacks.
Human rights sources revealed to Saudi Leaks the move of the Saudi embassy and legal companies in Washington to prevent the US move led by Joe Biden to disclose the documents of the September attacks.
The sources said that the Saudi ambassador to Washington, Princess Rima bint Bandar bin Sultan, had held intensive meetings in the past few days in an attempt to stifle the American move and obtain a pledge from the Biden administration to keep the documents confidential.
The sources added that the ambassador, Princess Rima, worked in parallel with her movement with the Biden administration to activate legal companies to prevent the Biden administration from revealing the documents of the terrorist attacks.
The families of the victims of the September 11 events are making intense efforts to pressure the US administration to reveal secret documents that reveal the Saudi regime’s role in the World Trade Center events.
According to the New York Times, the administration of US President Joe Biden said that it intends to declassify some documents that could separate the existence of a relationship between Saudi Arabia and the perpetrators of those terrorist attacks.
The US Justice Department said the FBI recently closed part of its investigation into the terrorist attacks and began reviewing documents that had been classified for years.
In a letter to the two federal judges overseeing the case in Manhattan, the Justice Department says, “The FBI has decided to review advance liens to determine additional information appropriate to disclose.”
“The FBI will release this information on a rolling basis and as soon as possible,” the letter said.
The letter did not specify when that information would be disclosed.
The US administration’s decision came after a group representing more than 1,600 people directly affected by terrorist attacks invited President Biden.
To not participate in any commemorative events for the twentieth anniversary of the events next month unless he fulfils his promise to review and disclose documents during the election campaign.
The New York Times says the Biden administration’s decision to review classified documents is the latest development in a nearly two-decade journey for some families who have lost loved ones.
Attempts by these families during the tenure of four US presidents to reveal more information about the Saudi government’s alleged involvement in financing the attacks were unsuccessful.
The lawsuit, filed by the families of the September 11 victims, alleges that Saudi Arabia deliberately facilitated the terrorist attacks, while Saudi Arabia has repeatedly denied any involvement in the attacks.
Last April, the New York Post reported that Republican lawmakers pressed the Biden administration to release FBI and CIA documents publicly.
Which they say may expose Saudi Arabia’s possible involvement in the September 11 terrorist attacks.
On Friday, White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki said administration officials had met in recent weeks with groups representing families of the victims and that requests to release the documents would “remain a priority” for President Biden.
Lawmakers have called for the declassification of confidential documents related to terrorist attacks.
The Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Senator Robert Menendez, revealed that he had submitted a draft to Congress to declassify those intelligence documents.