The Saudi regime is trying in every way to bury the murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi just days before the first anniversary of the crime that shook the world.
Media sources said that the regime secretly sold its consulate building, which was the scene of the crime about a year ago, to move the consulate to another place in Istanbul, amid tight secrecy.
The sources pointed out that as the prosecution in Istanbul prepares to issue the indictment, ahead of the first anniversary of the killing of Khashoggi, on the second of next October, the Kingdom is moving its consulate elsewhere.
She pointed out that the sale was “quietly and without fuss, and the Saudi Foreign Ministry is preparing to move the headquarters of the consulate to a new building near the US consulate in the area of Sari Yair in Istanbul.”
The consulate is the scene of the crime, and the Istanbul prosecutor has the right to order its closure until the investigation is finalized, even if it is sold, according to statements quoted by legal experts.
The prosecutor of the city of Istanbul is seeking to complete the investigation by Turkey of the crime before the first anniversary of the crime, according to the same newspaper.
Since the killing of Khashoggi at his country’s consulate on October 2, the consulate building has become a symbol of horrendous crime. For weeks, international media have been broadcasting daily scenes of reporters in front of him.
The killing and cutting of Khashoggi sparked angry international reactions to the kingdom, accusations by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of direct responsibility for the crime, and wide demands to reveal the fate of the body, which is widely believed to have been disposed of through chemicals.
Khashoggi suffered the most heinous crime in the world against a writer and journalist at his country’s consulate last year, through an assassination team of 15 people led by close associates of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who killed him, chopped his body and transported him outside the building, which affected Turkish-Saudi relations.
In a press conference for the spokesman of the Public Prosecution, Shalan Al-Shalan, said that the body of Khashoggi was cut at the headquarters of the Saudi consulate before being transferred abroad, accusing the former deputy head of Al-Saud intelligence to form the assassination team.
In a speech to the AKP on October 23, 2018, Erdogan appealed to King Salman bin Abdul Aziz to investigate Saudi officials in Istanbul.
Erdogan said there were strong indications that the killing of Khashoggi was masterminded and that he was killed in a brutal manner, adding that “we can not take responsibility for security officials or diplomats and must be held responsible for the crime.”